Join Our Team Today
Full Time / Permanent
Criteria For This Position
The Software Developer’s role is to design, execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. This includes configuring, coding, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle. The Software Developer will also oversee system startups in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide support to other departments where required.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with analysts and designers in the development and initiation of new software programs and applications.
- Research, document, and implement program requirements and specifications.
- Code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Oversee the quality assurance of program logic, data processing, and error resolution.
- Run and monitor performance tests on new and existing software for the purpose of correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer diagnostic analysis of test results and deliver solutions to critical areas.
- Develop an awareness of programming and design alternatives.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application development best practices.
- Gather statistics and prepare and write reports on the status of the programming process for discussion with management and/or team members.
- Review and repair legacy code.
- Test new programs to ensure that logic and syntax are correct and that program results are accurate.
- Document code consistently throughout the development process by listing a description of the program, special instructions.
Education and Experience
- Three-year college diploma or university degree in software engineering or computer science, and a minimum of 2 years work experience.
- Technically fluent in programming languages such as C# and C++.
- Extensive database and operating systems experience with MS SQL Server, Windows.
- Solid working knowledge of current Microsoft technologies.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Mobile development on iOS or Android.
- Agile environment (SCRUM)
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Adept at conducting research into software-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.